Court Interpreter Training Labs
Preparing for a state court interpreting oral exam? We can help!
Interpretrain is proud to announce the 2019 launch of our Court Interpreter Training Labs.
This online training program was created by a team of experts in the fields of:
- Legal interpretation
- Interpreter training
We take you step by step through the process of mastering the 3 modes of interpretation tested in oral exams:
- Sight Translation
Interpretrain’s 3-Step MethodTM and Why It Works
Interpreting accurately requires processing several complex mental tasks at once. That’s why these labs feature our 3-Step MethodTM, a building-block approach based on proven principles of cognitive psychology. By tackling these skills separately, you conquer them one step at a time.
STEP 1: Learn the Vocabulary
Memorize the English/Spanish court terminology through:
- Audio Drills
- Slide Shows
- Target Practices (to focus exclusively on the terminology you select).
Our vocabulary drills can be used on the go: while exercising, doing chores, or using public transportation. You’ll master bilingual legal terminology even with the busiest of schedules!
STEP 2: Interpret and Voice Record
Once the vocabulary is in the bag, you can zone in on improving your interpretation skills without being distracted by unknown terminology.
We give you the option to interpret the same lab simultaneously and consecutively, so you get the most out of each study session.
Each audio practice is offered at different speeds, allowing you to challenge yourself progressively with the same lab until you excel at it.
STEP 3: Grade
Our patent-pending interpreter evaluation technology allows you to listen to your voice-recorded interpretation while seamlessly grading your performance.
We take the guesswork out of your training sessions by letting you know:
- Your grade.
- Which vocabulary needs further practice.
- When you are ready to move on to the next lab.
What Our Comprehensive Program Offers
Our State Court Oral Exam Package includes a total of 55 Interpreting Labs:
- 35 Audio practices offered in different modes of interpretation and at different speeds. Real-life cases from criminal, civil, and family courts that have been cherry picked specifically with state court oral exams in mind.
- 20 Labs for Sight Translation practices. Real legal forms, letters, and documents obtained from state jurisdictions across the U.S, as well as from several courts in Spanish-speaking countries.
Our Training Planner lets you know exactly what to study and when, so you can use these training tools in the most efficient way possible.
Streamline Your Learning Process
Begin training smart today to accomplish your professional goals. It all starts by taking the first step of our 3-Step MethodTM:
To be notified when the labs launch, please sign-up to our blog by clicking here.