Introduction to Legal Interpreting Program: Offered in association with the Santa Cruz County Office of Education's Career Technical Education Partnership (CTEP)
✔ Are you fluent in English and Spanish?
✔ Do you want a flexible work schedule?
✔ Would you like to make $25/hour or more with the possibility of earning a salary up to $80,000/year?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you are a prime candidate to join the exciting and high-demand field of language interpretation.
Our Introduction to Legal Interpreting Program will prepare you to begin work in this fast-growing profession. You’ll have the chance to make a difference in people’s lives while securing success for the future.
Once you complete the first part of our program, you'll have the skills and credentials to apply to agencies nationwide, covering assignments such as legal cases, community meetings, and educational events, among many others.
Upon completion of the second part of the program, you'll have the necessary skill training to sit for the Court Interpreter Oral Exam to become a certified court interpreter.
MORE ABOUT OUR TRAINING PROGRAM
- 34 hours of instructor-led support, with your trainer, Virginia Valencia
- 6-months on-demand access to our Legal Interpreter Laboratories
- Access to CTEP computer lab
- Access to CTEP office services
- A headset to take home
- Email support directly with your instructor
- An Evaluation Exam with a certified trainer to determine your eligibility for a certificate.
- Direct access to interpreting agencies to help you immediately begin applying for work, if you qualify.
- 6 months access to Interpretrain's State Court Interpreter Oral Certification Training Program
Location: Sequoia High School Watsonville and Online (via Zoom)